ATLANTA, GA – In recognition of the 43rd anniversary of our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®), the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation is thrilled to announce grants totaling $43,000 to eight local RMHC Chapters and the RMHC Global Ukraine Relief Fund from the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation’s RMHC Endowment.
The selected Chapters will receive grants of $4,500 to $5,000 to support their unique needs and special projects. After careful deliberation, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation has selected the following local RMHC Chapters:
- RMHC British Columbia & Yukon (Canada) – Support families arriving to the Ronald McDonald House program by providing Welcome Home Bags which include thoughtful and practical essentials such as blankets, toiletries, age-appropriate toys, and more
- RMHC of the Capital Region (NY) – Install customized shelving and provide tables and additional office furniture for the new Helping our Preemies Excel (HOPE) program space
- RMHC of Central Pennsylvania – Upgrade wireless connectivity for guests working remotely at the Ronald McDonald House
- RMHC of the Inland Northwest (WA) – Make necessary repairs and renovations to guest rooms, including the ceilings, bathroom floors, wall paint, and doors
- RMHC of Jacksonville (FL) – Improve technology for digital learning opportunities in The KidZone Learning Center
- Orange County Ronald McDonald House (CA) – Provide hotel accommodations for families in need near their child who is hospitalized, as well as transportation and support services at no cost to the families through the Share A Night program while the House undergoes necessary construction work
- RMHC of San Antonio (TX) – Repair and make necessary updates to the main family living room of the Sid Katz House after the Ronald McDonald House program was flooded during a winter storm in 2021
- RMHC of St. Louis (MO) – Renovate the kitchen for the first time in 11 years and make it better suited for the families in residence
In addition to grants made to local RMHC Chapters, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation has awarded an RMHC Endowment Grant to Ronald McDonald House Charities in support of their efforts in Ukraine and the surrounding region. As part of the RMHC Global Ukraine Relief Fund, the organization is providing additional financial support to RMHC Chapters that serve families affected by the ongoing war in Ukraine. To support these efforts, the ADPI Foundation will provide a gift in honor of each active collegiate chapter and alumnae association from the RMHC Endowment.
The RMHC Endowment was created as part of the Foundation’s landmark $10,000,000 We Believe Campaign in 2015. Collegiate chapters, alumnae, parents, and friends of Alpha Delta Pi have helped raise more than $1,000,000 to expand the reach of our philanthropic partnership with RMHC through this fund.
This is the 4th year RMHC Endowment grants have been awarded by the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation. In previous years, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation awarded more than $83,000 in grants through the RMHC Endowment to the following local RMHC Chapters:
- RMHC of Amarillo (TX) – Help build a new House in the Texas Panhandle (2020)
- RMHC of Arkansas – Support of a Ronald McDonald House Family Room (2019)
- RMHC of Bismarck, ND – Support of an expanded meal program (2019)
- RMHC of Delaware – Replace carpet in the guestrooms with vinyl tile (2021)
- RMHC of Denver (CO) – Rehabilitation of the Starlight Room play area (2020)
- RMHC of Eastern Wisconsin – Create a playroom designed for active play in a new long-term guest wing (2021)
- RMHC of Greater Houston/Galveston – Provide support to the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® program, which address medical needs of underserved and uninsured children (2021)
- RMHC of Hawaii – Provide furnishings for the Distant Learning Space & Computer Center (2020)
- RMHC of Huntington (WV) – Create a Community Pantry Room for House guests to access donated clothing, household items and food (2021)
- RMHC of Idaho – Support of construction of a Ronald McDonald Family Room program within the Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (2019)
- RMHC of New Mexico – Support the first purpose-built Ronald McDonald House in a hotel (2019)
- RMHC of Northeast Indiana – Expand family-centered spaces with 24/7 access for families staying at the House (2021)
- RMHC of Pittsburgh and Morgantown (PA and WV) – Support of their Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, which provides immunizations, screening for food insecurity, and referrals to additional area resources (2020)
- RMHC of Red River Valley (ND) – Support the completion of new guest rooms and make upgrades to arts & crafts and laundry spaces (2021)
- RMHC of Siouxland (IA) – RMHC of Siouxland Family Kitchen & Lunch Program (2019)
- RMHC of Southern West Virginia – Help launch the “House to Home Bags” project to provide household essentials such as non-perishable food, toiletries, gift cards for groceries and fuel, as well as local health resources for families transitioning back to their communities after staying at the House (2021)
- RMHC of Southwestern Ontario (Canada) – Support of a meal program to meet food safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic (2020)
- RMHC of Springfield (MA) – Provide support to meal service preparation and providing groceries and essentials for the families staying at the House (2021)
About Alpha Delta Pi
Founded at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Ga., on May 15, 1851, Alpha Delta Pi was the first secret society established for college women. Its principles of scholarship, leadership, sisterhood and service guide more than 265,000 women in 155 active collegiate chapters and 158 alumnae associations of Alpha Delta Pi. The Alpha Delta Pi Foundation, a non-profit organization, offers funding for scholarship, grants, educational programming, and leadership training.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®), is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation that creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and their families. Through a global network of more than 260 Chapters in over 60 countries and regions, RMHC enables, facilitates and supports family-centered care through three core programs: the Ronald McDonald House®, the Ronald McDonald Family Room® and the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®. RMHC programs help families with ill or injured children stay together and near leading hospitals and health care services worldwide, ensuring they have access to the medical care their child needs while fully supported and actively involved in their child’s care. For more information, visit RMHC.org.
Published: October 28, 2022