The first Executive Office interns arrived in Atlanta in summer 2006 to begin a six-week experience working with staff. Each cohort lives at Memorial Headquarters and tours Alpha Delta Pi historical sites in Macon as well as Atlanta-area businesses relevant to the interns’ professional development. Interns collaborate with Executive Office and Foundation operating departments to execute daily tasks and consult on special projects. The program continues today as collegiate members spend their summer breaks developing their professional skills, providing a collegiate perspective to staff, and gaining a broader view of the Sorority. We are currently hiring for our 2023 cohort and invite you to apply or refer an undergraduate member to apply. More information on the job description, requirements and application materials can be found at the bottom of this page.
Alpha Delta Pi Sorority is an international not-for-profit organization with more than 250,000 members. Alpha Delta Pi’s Executive Office manages the business and financial functions of the organization, supporting all 156 chapters across the United States and Canada. The primary focus of the Alpha Delta Pi internship is to provide professional experience working for a not-for-profit organization.
The Executive Office interns will be assigned to departments/areas of focus who have specific needs including Marketing and Communications, Alumnae and Volunteer Engagement, Meetings and Events, Housing, and Information Technology.
The Executive Office Internship Program is designed to provide professional experience for undergraduate members. In addition to supporting a specific department/area of focus, general opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Educational workshops about the operations and history of Alpha Delta Pi
- Assisting with the preparation, execution, and “behind-the-scenes” work for any potential summer programming
- Gaining knowledge of and working with the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation
- Meeting with current and past Grand Council members and International Officers
- Assisting in the development of Alpha Delta Pi marketing materials that support various initiatives
- Being given the chance to lead Alpha Delta Pi projects
- Volunteering with Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Learning the roles and responsibilities of Executive Office staff and International Officers
- Professional Development: Career specific networking utilizing the Alpha Delta Pi alumnae base, personal assessment/inventory activities, exposure to local and corporate businesses (e.g., Mercedes-Benz, Chick-fil-A, Delta, Phi Mu Headquarters, etc.), historical visit to Macon, and more!
Full Position Description & Requirements: Download Here
Application materials and recommendations are due Friday, February 10, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled for selected candidates shortly after.
Are you a campus based professional, family member, volunteer, or fellow chapter member that knows of an outstanding member we need to consider? Let us know! This link will close one week prior to the application deadline.
For questions, please contact the Intern Coordinator, Amanda Fishman, M Ed – Senior Collegiate Services Specialist.