Alpha Delta Pi is committed to providing ways for members to engage and learn together throughout all stages of membership.
Be the First Webinar Series provides space to put yourself first and develop YOU in a variety of ways. Each session, a different speaker will lead a conversation to help you learn something new, develop and enhance your skills, connect with sisters, and grow through virtual community.
Advance registration for each webinar is required. Can’t make it? Not a problem! Recordings will be available in the Library on Pride Online the week following each webinar unless otherwise indicated.
Need to make a business case to participate? Customize this letter to help your manager understand why this webinar series will be valuable for your professional development.
Questions and requests for additional information can be sent to Education and Programs Specialist Cristina Perez-Simmons.
Monday, January 25, 2020 at 8 pm ET
The Value of Disagreement
Sorority alumnae, podcast hosts, and authors of I Think You’re Wrong but I’m Listening: A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations Sarah Steward Holland and Beth Silvers create space for real conversations that help listeners understand politics, democracy, and the news – while still treating each other like thoughtful human beings. In this session, will discuss how healthy disagreement is valuable in any organization and practical ways to draw out, discuss, and work through disagreement – not just in theory, but in practice.
Sarah Stewart Holland worked in politics and on Capitol Hill before moving back to her hometown of Paducah, KY, where she currently serves on the Paducah City Commission. She is happily married and the mother of three sons. Sarah likes her bourbon on ice, her romantic dramas with a British accent, and her iPhone fully charged.
Beth Silvers owns and operates Checking In with Beth Silvers, a life and business coaching practice. She has been recognized as one of Ohio’s Most Powerful and Influential Women by the Ohio Diversity Council, a Human Resources GameChanger by Workforce Magazine, and one of Cincinnati’s Forty Under 40 business leaders. Beth lives in Union with her husband, Chad; daughters Jane and Ellen, and miniature schnauzer, Lucy. She loves people, politics, poetry, and watermelon.
This session is part of the Collegiate Leadership Summit. Members not participating in this Summit will be able to view a live stream of this session on Pride Online. Come back on 1/25 for more information!
This session is made possible by a generous grant from the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation.
Recordings of past webinars can be found in the Pride Online Library unless otherwise indicated. Previous topics include:
- Living Imperfectly: The Value of Being Authentic for Leaders, Professionals, and Human Beings by James Robilotta, Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
- Redefining Our Relationship with “I’m Sorry” by Dr. Suzette Walden Cole, Beta Sigma – Mercer University
- Join Me, Won’t You? (But, Stay Home): Connection and Belonging from a Distance by Tara Fuller, Beta Phi – University of Maryland
- Learning Styles: Unlocking Your Potential for Lifelong Success by Amy Schwartz, Alpha Kappa – University of Tennessee
- Lions on LinkedIn: How to Make Your Profile Roar by Kyle LeBlanc, Eta Phi – Furman University
- Dare to Be: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome by Cristina Pérez-Simmons, Zeta Alpha – California State University, Fullerton
- Navigate Uncertainty: Maintaining Financial Calm During Times of Crisis by Annie Naghavi, Zeta Alpha – California State University, Fullerton
- Getting to Know Generation Z by Dr. Meghan Grace
- The Power of Reflection by Tara Fuller, Beta Phi – University of Maryland