The Live Your Oath Campaign
The Live Your Oath campaign takes place throughout the month of April in conjunction with Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This campaign focuses on the understanding that living our membership oaths includes engaging in actions to prevent sexual assault and create healthier and safer chapters and campuses. We provide resources for furthering your bystander and relationship education, raising awareness on your campus, and how to take action in your community thanks to the support of the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation.
April 28th, 2015, marked a historic day for Alpha Delta Pi as Grand Council decided to partner with Sigma Phi Epsilon to launch a sexual assault prevention educational campaign and called it #LiveYourOath. Grand Council and SigEp’s National Board passionately believed that our organizations must do our part to help end this epidemic on college campuses today. Since then, this partnership has strengthened.
We recognize the need to advance the conversation about sexual assault prevention on college campuses. As fraternity brothers and sorority sisters, we will work to make a difference on our campuses. Said simply, it’s one thing to take an oath, it’s another thing to live your oath.
As you plan how you want to engage, use these resources to identify strategies to raise awareness, provide education, and cultivate ongoing conversation around sexual assault on your campus and in your community.
Support and Reporting Options for Survivors
- Campus student conduct office, Title IX coordinator, and/or dean of students
- Campus counseling center, health center, and/or sexual assault survivor services center
- Campus law enforcement, public safety, or security office
- Local law enforcement Community sexual assault support organization with advocacy services
- Local hospital or SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: Call 800.656.HOPE (4673) to be connected confidentially with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area.
Join One Love Organization: https://www.joinonelove.org/
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network: https://www.rainn.org/