ALPHA DELTA PI FOUNDATION AWARDS $25,000 IN GRANTS TO LOCAL RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES CHAPTERS
The Alpha Delta Pi Foundation will award five grants of $5,000 each to Ronald McDonald House Charities chapters to support renovation and growth in Amarillo, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Hawaii; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania & Morgantown, West Virginia; and Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
ALPHA DELTA PI FOUNDATION AWARDS $25,000 IN GRANTS TO LOCAL
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES CHAPTERS
The Alpha Delta Pi Foundation will award five grants of $5,000 each to Ronald McDonald House Charities chapters to support renovation and growth in Amarillo, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Hawaii; Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania & Morgantown, West Virginia; and Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
ATLANTA (October 30, 2020) – In recognition of the 41st anniversary of our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation is thrilled to announce grants to five chapters of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) from the Foundation’s RMHC Endowment.
Grants of $5,000 each will be awarded to:
• RMHC of Amarillo – in support of the “Keeping Families Close” Capital Campaign to build a new house in their current location in the Texas Panhandle
• RMHC of Denver – to help rehabilitate the Starlight Room, a play area for young children and families
• RMHC of Hawaii – to provide interior furnishings for the Distant Learning Space & Computer Center to support the needs of family members in residence
• RMHC of Pittsburgh & Morgantown – in support of the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile which provides immunizations, screening for food insecurity, and referrals to additional resources in the Greater Pittsburgh area
• RMHC of Southwestern Ontario – to help introduce the At Your Service! Meal program with new food service options to meet required safety protocols necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic
View our video announcement here.
This is the 2nd year of RMHC Endowment grants from the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation. In 2019, five inaugural grants totaling $25,000 were made to expand the partnership between Alpha Delta Pi and RMHC by providing resources for local RMHCs even if they do not have an Alpha Delta Pi collegiate chapter or alumnae association nearby.
The RMHC Endowment was created as part of the Foundation’s landmark $10,000,000 We Believe Campaign in 2015. Collegiate chapters, alumnae, parents, and friends of Alpha Delta Pi have helped raise more than $768,000 to expand the reach of our philanthropic partnership with RMHC through this fund.
“Alpha Delta Pi remains committed to help with Keeping Families Close,” said Tracy L. Garner, President, Alpha Delta Pi Foundation.
“Our members raise more than a million dollars each year for RMHC, as well
as volunteer countless hours, provide in-kind support through local wish list and pop tab drives, and even fundraise through the annual Bank of America Chicago Marathon. We are proud to support the mission of RMHC and the difference they make in the lives of families facing medical crises.”
About Alpha Delta Pi Founded at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Ga., on May 15, 1851, Alpha Delta Pi was the first secret society established for college women. Its principles of scholarship, leadership, sisterhood and service guide more than 265,000 women in 159 active collegiate chapters and 155 alumnae associations of Alpha Delta Pi. The Alpha Delta Pi Foundation, a non-profit organization, offers funding for scholarship, grants, educa6onal programming, and leadership training.
Published: October 30, 2020