Alpha Delta Pi is committed to providing ways for members to engage and learn together throughout all stages of membership.
Be the First Webinar Series provides space to put yourself first and develop YOU in a variety of ways. Each session, a different speaker will lead a conversation to help you learn something new, develop and enhance your skills, connect with sisters, and grow through virtual community.
Advance registration for each webinar is required. Can’t make it? Not a problem! Recordings will be available in the Library on Pride Online the week following each webinar unless otherwise indicated.
Need to make a business case to participate? Customize this letter to help your manager understand why this webinar series will be valuable for your professional development.
Questions and requests for additional information can be sent to Education and Programs Specialist Cristina Perez-Simmons.
Thursday, December 3 at 3 pm ET
The Power of Reflection
2020 has likely felt like both the longest and fastest year. But suddenly, we’re nearing 2021 and much of what brought us down in 2020 is persisting. So, how can we reflect and prepare for what’s to come?
We have learned that reflection is one of the most powerful tools to have while developing as leaders. It’s easy to get stuck on the mistake we made and dwell on the things we could’ve/should’ve done differently. In this webinar, you’ll learn about the power of reflection and tools to leverage it on your leadership and growth journey.
Recordings of past webinars can be found in the Pride Online Library unless otherwise indicated. Previous topics include:
- Living Imperfectly: The Value of Being Authentic for Leaders, Professionals, and Human Beings by James Robilotta, Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
- Redefining Our Relationship with “I’m Sorry” by Dr. Suzette Walden Cole, Beta Sigma – Mercer University (recording available soon)
- Join Me, Won’t You? (But, Stay Home): Connection and Belonging from a Distance by Tara Fuller, Beta Phi – University of Maryland (recording available soon)
- Learning Styles: Unlocking Your Potential for Lifelong Success by Amy Schwartz, Alpha Kappa – University of Tennessee (recording available soon)
- Lions on LinkedIn: How to Make Your Profile Roar by Kyle LeBlanc, Eta Phi – Furman University (recording available soon)
- Dare to Be: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome by Cristina Pérez-Simmons, Zeta Alpha – California State University, Fullerton (recording available soon)
- Navigate Uncertainty: Maintaining Financial Calm During Times of Crisis by Annie Naghavi, Zeta Alpha – California State University, Fullerton (recording available soon)
- Getting to Know Generation Z by Dr. Meghan Grace